The following information is provided to help you understand the general operation of our club and what we expect from our fellow members. Please read the following carefully. Any questions you may have can be directed to the club at the mailing address or calling (540)330-7775.
- Membership in Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club, Inc., is open to persons eighteen (18) years of age and older. All memberships are per calendar year from January 1st to December 31st.
- Applicants and members are required to be members of the National Rifle Association of America and to maintain their membership. Join the NRA Now and Save.
- Applicants must fill out the application (Download) in full. You will be contacted by the membership chairman in regards to attending a board meeting to present your application. Mail the completed application to:
P. O. BOX 12453
ROANOKE, VA 24025-2453
The Board of Directors at their monthly meeting will then review the application. Send no money with your application. If your application is accepted, you will be notified and billed. If your application is not accepted, you will be notified, as well.
- Fees for the first year include $180.00 for an initiation fee and $90.00 for annual membership dues*. Upon receipt of your dues, you will be required to attend an Orientation session, at which time you will receive your membership package. (*Dues are pro-rated on a quarterly basis, see chart below.)
- Members are required to complete 15 hours of volunteer time per year. If you do not work your 15 hours, you will be charged the full range improvement fee of $225.00 for the next year’s membership renewal. If you get partial hours in, your charge will be pro-rated (see chart below).
- New members are on probation for two years. However, any member may be dismissed if they do not abide by the Range and General Regulations and the Code of Ethics (see Forms page for Rules and Regulations).
- Members are expected to observe the rules of safe gun handling at all times, without exception. If you do not have knowledge of safe gun handling, it is your responsibility to inform the club and we will be glad to assist you.
|Quarter||Membership Dues||Work Hours|
|1st Qtr (Jan. – March)||$90.00 + 180.00 = $270.00||15 hours|
|2nd Qtr. (April – June)||$67.50 + 180.00 = $247.50||11.25 hours|
|3rd Qtr. (July – Sept.)||$45.00 + 180.00 = $225.00||7.5 hours|
|4th Qtr. (Oct. – Dec.)||$22.50 + 180.00 = $202.50||3.75 hours|